LEAD (Leadership for the Employment of Americans with Disabilities) is the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's initiative to address the declining number of employees with targeted disabilities in the federal workforce. The goal for this initiative is to significantly increase the population of individuals with severe disabilities employed by the federal government.
Using the Schedule A appointing authority, found at 5 CFR § 213.3102(u), qualified candidates who meet the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) guidelines can be hired non-competitively and meet the goals of the LEAD initiative.
All five guides are available to be downloaded below. Those who would like hard copies of the guides may contact the EEOCs publications center at 800-669-3362.
For Schedule A information:
- The ABCs of Schedule A for the Hiring Manager - HTML | PDF
- The ABCs of Schedule A for the HR Professional - HTML | PDF
- The ABCs of Schedule A for the Disability Program Manager - HTML
- The ABCs of Schedule A for Service Providers - HTML | PDF
- The ABCs of Schedule A for Applicants with Disabilities - HTML