D is Incorrect
You are protected from harassment by supervisors and co-workers.
Try again! Select another choice below.
18. Tariq, a Christian Arab, works at a computer store. When a supervisor isn’t around, his co-workers call him a terrorist and accuse him of being related to Osama bin Laden. They also make negative comments about Muslims because they think Tariq is Muslim. Is Tariq a victim of discrimination?
- No. Tariq is not a victim of discrimination because his employer has not made any negative decisions about his job, such as firing or demoting him or reducing his pay.
- Yes. Tariq is being harassed by his co-workers because he is Arab, which is illegal under federal law. The computer store may be held responsible for his co-workers’ harassment if it knew about the harassment and did nothing to stop it.
- No. Tariq is not a victim of discrimination because his co-workers’ comments target Muslims and Tariq is Christian.
- No. Tariq is not a victim of discrimination because only his co-workers, and not his supervisors, have harassed him.