4. Andrew and Samantha went to an employment agency to find temporary jobs for the summer. The agency refers Samantha to a receptionist job at a law firm. The agency tells Andrew that it cannot refer him for the receptionist job because the law firm requested a young lady. Did the employment agency discriminate against Andrew?
- No. The laws only apply to employers and not employment agencies that refer you to other companies.
- No. Andrew is not protected from discrimination because he is an applicant, not an employee.
- No. The employment agency was only following the orders of the law firm, which refused to hire a man as a receptionist. The law firm, and not the employment agency, is responsible for the discrimination.
- Yes. An employment agency cannot refuse to refer someone for a receptionist position because he is a male.