C is incorrect.
Federal law prohibits employment agencies from discriminating against their own employees as well as in their referral practices. An employment agency may not honor an employer's request if it is discriminatory.
Try again! Select another choice below.
4. Andrew and Samantha went to an employment agency to find temporary jobs for the summer. The agency refers Samantha to a receptionist job at a law firm. The agency tells Andrew that it cannot refer him for the receptionist job because the law firm requested a young lady. Did the employment agency discriminate against Andrew?
- No. The laws only apply to employers and not employment agencies that refer you to other companies.
- No. Andrew is not protected from discrimination because he is an applicant, not an employee.
- No. The employment agency was only following the orders of the law firm, which refused to hire a man as a receptionist. The law firm, and not the employment agency, is responsible for the discrimination.
- Yes. An employment agency cannot refuse to refer someone for a receptionist position because he is a male.