Celebrating the Americans with Disabilities Act:
Looking Back, Moving Forward
Video won't play.
help, you can download the video you're trying to watch here.
Welcome and "Disability Rights are Civil Rights"
Panel Discussion Part 1
Panel Discussion Part 2
"ADAAA - Looking to the Future" and Closing Remarks
I. Welcome and Introduction
Jacqueline A. Berrien, Chair, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
II. Disability Rights are Civil Rights
Wade Henderson, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
III. Presentation of Awards
Awards presented to current and former EEOC Commissioners
and staff who played key roles in the passage of the ADA,
promulgation of regulations and guidance, and enforcement
(in order of presentation):
IV. Some Nuts & Bolts of EEOC Work
A Panel Moderated by Chai R. Feldblum, Commissioner, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- James Hill, Charging Party in EEOC v. Extra Space Management Inc.
- Laura Hinton, National Outreach Coordinator, EEOC
- Jean Kamp, Associate Regional Attorney, EEOC Chicago District Office
- Lisa Clinton Jones, Investigator, EEOC Baltimore Field Office
- John Mosby and Marilyn Cain
Gordon, Class Counsel in Glover v. United States Postal Service
- Allison Nichol, Deputy Chief of Disability Rights Section, U.S. Department of Justice, Former EEOC Trial Attorney, Chicago District
V. The ADA Amendments Act-Looking to the Future
Andrew J. Imparato, President and Chief Executive Officer, American Association of People with Disabilities and Randel K. Johnson, Senior Vice President, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
VI. Closing Remarks
Chai R. Feldblum, Commissioner, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission