ADEA@50 Snapshots by Decade. 1967-77, 1977-87, 1987-97, 1997-07, 2007-17.
My wish for the ADEA@50 is for all of us to remember, ability matters - not age. - Victoria A. Lipnic, Acting EEOC Chair.
The Supreme Court deepens the differences between the ADEA and Title VII for private employees.
The EEOC brings renewed attention to the ADEA.
- At the height of the Great Recession, the EEOC receives almost 25,000 ADEA charges.
- More women than men file ADEA charges.
- The EEOC holds three commission meetings on age discrimination.
- Experts advise the EEOC of the economic harms of age discrimination.
- Stakeholders suggest strategies to increase age diversity in employee recruitment.
- Experts testify that the ADEA deserves a thorough review to make sure it meets today's challenges.