Fact Sheet for EEO-1 Survey Filers
This fact sheet provides a list of important deadlines and reminders in order for your company to successfully complete the EEO-1 Survey process.
- The EEO-1 Report is to be submitted and certified by March 31, 2018.
- Returning filers: please be advised that companies are able to obtain and reset passwords.
- When completing the EEO-1, use data from only one pay period and include both part-time and full-time employees. The survey does not require applicant data.
- Companies must provide Employer Identification Numbers for all establishment locations.
- The preferred method of identification for the race/ethnicity categorization of employment data is self-identification. Employers are required to attempt to allow employees to use self-identification to
complete the EEO-1. If any employee declines to self-identify, employers may consult with employee-provided information when on-boarded or the employer may use visual observation.
- Single-establishment companies file a Type/1 report only.
- Multi-establishment companies have to file (at least "three" applicable) report types:
- Consolidated Report (Type 2) - must include all employees of the company categorized by race, gender and job category.
- Headquarters Report (Type 3) - must include all employees that work at or report to the main office site of the company. Employment data must be categorized by race, gender and job category. A separate EEO-1 report is required
for the Headquarters establishment even if there are fewer than 50 employees that work there. Sites with more than 50 employees - Type 4 report also called an establishment report must be
submitted for each location with 50 or more employees. Employment data must be categorized by race, gender, and job category.
- Sites with fewer than 50 employees-
- Type 8-employment data for each location must be categorized by race, gender, and job category.
Type 6-establishment list-includes establishment name, address and total number of employees for each location with less than 50 employees**
**NOTE: If you choose to create a Type 6 data record/report for each establishment employing fewer than 50 employees, you MUST manually enter data categorized by race, gender and job category into
the Type 2 - Consolidated Report and include all company employees. If you choose to create a Type 8 report for each establishment employing fewer than 50 employees, you must enter employment data categorized by race, gender and job category for
each Type 8 report. The employment data entered for each such establishment will automatically populate the Type 2 - Consolidated Report.
- It is strongly encouraged that companies have one individual serve as the EEO-1 contact person and another person serve as the certifying official.
- When you finish your EEO-1, please do not forget to save a .pdf copy for your company's records.
- Certification of the EEO-1 report is mandatory. Without certifying your report, your company will receive a violation notice.
- Online filing is the preferred method of submission for the EEO-1 Report. All data are encrypted, ensuring your security.