THE 2018 EEO-1 SURVEY IS CLOSED
The Employer Information Report EEO-1, otherwise known as the EEO-1 Report, is required to be filed with the EEOC Office of Enterprise Data and Analytics' Employer Data Team. Reports must be submitted and certified by
Friday, May 31, 2019
NOTE: YOUR 2017 PASSWORD WILL NOT WORK FOR THE 2018 EEO-1 SURVEY. THE TEMPORARY PASSWORD PROVIDED IN THE NOTIFICATION LETTER YOU RECEIVE MUST BE CHANGED IMMEDIATELY UPON ACCESSING THE EEO-1 APPLICATION
***PRIOR EEO-1 FILERS SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED AN E-BLAST FROM NOREPLY@EEOC.GOV ANNOUNCING THE DELAYED OPENING OF THE 2018 SURVEY DUE A PARTIAL LAPSE IN APPROPRIATIONS. THE E-BLAST WAS SENT TO THE EEO-1 COMPANY CONTACT ON FILE. ANY QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE EMPLOYER DATA TEAM AT 1-877-392-4647***
Company Contact Changes
If your EEO-1 contact person has changed, please submit a letter on company letterhead signed by an authorized company representative, indicating the new contact's name, title, phone number and email address to the Employer Data Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to include your company number (if known) in your request.
Filing the EEO-1
- The preferred method for filing the EEO-1 Survey is through the online filing application.
- 2018 filers should receive their company's 2018 Notification Letter by mail no later than Monday, March 18, 2019.
How to Login
- Enter your company number and temporary password contained in the 2018 Notification Letter from the login screen.
Companies will be required to change their password immediately upon accessing their database: https://egov.eeoc.gov/eeo1/login.jsp
- The requirement for providing the Employer Identification Number (EIN) for each establishment location will be more carefully monitored.
- Company establishments with the same address, NAICS Code and EIN must be combined into one establishment record.
FOR MERGERS WHICH OCCURRED BETWEEN JANUARY 1, 2018 AND DECEMBER 31, 2018: PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION TO:
Your email should include the names and company numbers (if known) of all companies affected by the merger, the name and address of the corporate headquarters and the name of the new company.
FOR ACQUISITIONS WHICH OCCURRED BETWEEN JANUARY 1, 2018 AND DECEMBER 31, 2018: PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION TO:
Your email should include the name, address, and company number of both the acquiring and the acquired companies. If a company acquired a small company that otherwise would not be required to file the EEO-1 report, or a company that has not previously filed the EEO-1 report, the acquiring company may proceed with adding the establishment(s) and filing for the new employees.
IF YOUR COMPANY EXPERIENCED A SPIN-OFF BETWEEN JANUARY 1, 2018 AND DECEMBER 31, 2018: PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION TO:
Your email should include the name, address, and company number (if known) of the current parent company. Additionally, please include the establishment considered to be the new headquarters that should be spun off in the employer EEO-1 database with a list of all physical addresses for the new company.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING EEO-1 FILING, PLEASE REFER TO OUR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
FOR KEY TERMS AND DEFINITIONS USED, PLEASE REFER TO KEY TERMINOLOGY and DEFINITIONS IN THE FAQs
IF YOU STILL HAVE AN EEO-1 FILING QUESTIONS, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO:
Deadline Extension Requests
The 2018 EEO-1 report is due on May 31, 2019. To request a two-week extension, please email the request to E1.EXTENSIONS@EEOC.GOV. Once the request is received, your company's 2018 EEO-1 report deadline will be extended to June 14, 2019. Your report must be submitted and certified by that date. If your company is requesting an extension beyond two-weeks, please summarize the issue your company is experiencing, and the Employer Data Team will provide assistance. The EEO-1 Employer Data Team can be reach at 1-877-392-4647 (toll-free) or 1-866-262-0032 (fax) from 9 am - 7 pm EST, Monday - Friday.
- Your company number should be provided in all emails sent to the Employer Data Team.
- No requests for deadline extensions will be granted after May 31, 2019.
- Save a PDF copy of your company's EEO-1 Report as soon as the Report has been submitted and certified
- Bookmark the EEO-1 Survey Page: www.eeoc.gov/eeo1survey to access updated information from the Employer Data Team.
- You may contact the EEOC Employer Data Team toll-free at 1-877-392-4647 from 10 am - 8 pm EST, Monday - Friday
Security Privacy Notice
Please note that company data transferred to the Employer Data Team is encrypted.