Meeting of June 8, 2011 - EEOC to Examine Use of Leave As Reasonable Accommodation
The Commission will hold open the June 8, 2011, Commission meeting record for 15 days, and invites audience members, as well as other members of the public, to submit written comments on any issues or matters discussed at the meeting. Public comments may be mailed to Commission Meeting, EEOC Executive Officer, 131 M Street, N.E., Washington, D.C. 20507, or emailed to Commissionmeetingcomments@eeoc.gov. All comments received will be made available to members of the Commission and to Commission staff working on the matters discussed at the meeting. Comments will also be placed in the EEOC library for public review.
Agenda Open Session
- Announcement of Notation Votes, and
- EEOC to Examine Use of Leave As Reasonable Accommodation - Invited Panelist
Panel 1: EEOC’s Current Position and Policy Statements
- Christopher Kuczynski, Assistant Legal Counsel, EEOC
- John Hendrickson, Regional Attorney, EEOC
Panel 2: How to Comply with the Law and Appropriately Permit Leave to Employees
- Brian East, Senior Attorney, Texas Disability Rights
- Claudia Center, Director, Disability Rights Program, Legal Aid Society -- Employment Law Center
- Ellen McLaughlin, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Edward Isler, Partner, Isler Dare Ray Radcliffe & Connolly, P.C.